Monday, June 15, 2009

Memory 12: Final Fantasy XIII

Yes, That right, This is the 'final' fantasy that I am going to draw. Never again I will draw her. She is just too complicated and detail. I prefer drawing manga characters. I spend 2 and half hour to draw her, and now I feel like crying.

Final Fantasy XIII is a RPG develop by Square-Enix and just like all the other final fantasy, It is basically a console game. Meaning, That it can only be played on the Playstation platform. I Want a PS3 T.T

Anyway, I was pretty bored today. So wanted to waste some time :p. So I looked up on the Internet and found the Final Fantasy XIII main character. She's pretty cute although she does look kinda blur and fierce. So, I decided to give it a try. Discipline Art, Art that is drawn with strict rules for an example, When drawing manga, You can modify her hair and her eyes to look a bit cuter and prettier. But in strict rules, You can not change anything. Her hair, Her eyes, Her nose, hands everything have to be exactly like the picture. So I decided to take my drawings to the next level. First time, And it turn out BADLY. This is the picture I was suppose to follow:

She is HARD to DRAW !!!

To be honest, Drawing her head toke me an hour!! Drawing hair was never such a big problem for me. But for her hair, OMG, she doesn't have those manga character's Spiky Spiky hair. Her hair is very realistic, I toke up 4o minutes for her hair and I gave up. I just drew spikes and added a few strand of hair. You can click her picture to enlarge. Here is the picture after 1 hour of drawing,

Just her Head. She looks ugly in my drawings!!

She look just like Medusa's hair. Hair of snakes. And her nose was pretty weird. I always had a problem drawing Realistic nose, its not like the manga characters where you just put a small curve and that's it. I rest my eyes after finishing her head, and started with her body. her body was not really a problem. But, you can spot a lot of mistake when I coordinate her placing of arms and other objects. Its obvious!! So here is the full sketch after 2 and half hour:

Yes, You are allowed to Laugh!!

Okay, this is the part where you laugh at my drawing. Not like it matters to me. Well, This is my first time and it looks like I am not going to touch discipline art for some time. Its troublesome and if you zoom closely enough, you could see some paper tearing off. See my mistakes, I'll point one obvious one for you, Her head is a little bigger then her body. Yeah, And her arms look stronger then mine, Hehe, I also got muscle ok!! Her legs are way too small to carry her body!! Well, I was giving up at the end there, cause after 2 hours and I was totally drained!!

Anyway, I develop a headache after drawing her. Now tengah sakit kepala. But at least I know where my standard of drawing is lah. Another reason is because I dont study art and design where they teach you face coordination and other stuff like that. Okay, I want to rest already. Going makan and then tidur for awhile. Haha, like pig only!! Please post comment yeah, post only, even though its about teasing my drawing!! Must see how the reader's think about my drawing!! =D


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I just laughed my ass off... Hee hee.

Sorry la. i know i shouldn't laugh.
It's ok wat... but ur proportion is not there only. So keep up the good work.

I sense a challenge. I bet i could draw it. XD

Xanthra said...

hahaha.. Go ahead men, Lets see the art and design people do it!! =D

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007