Saturday, October 2, 2010

Memory 114: MSN Crash!!!

It was 2 days ago, My msn was crashing like mad due to a virus I accidentally open. Lucky this was just a Msn Virus, it could have been a full Nuclear Virus that blow up my netbook!! I was really fortunate indeed...

It happen when I was chatting with my little friend and out of the blue she or more accurately her computer starts sending me link of an Image file. So, I was wondering... I've been through this before, Virus link...Ignore. But from my little friend, somehow because I thought she was still quite young and won't be sending me virus links(not that she wanted too). So I was deceive, I was like hey, whats this image you're trying to send me, ah what the heck... "Click"

To my surprise, I'm so shock that I'm so easily manipulated!!! I click on it, Save it, And Open it.... HOW DUMB could I get.... until I realize, when I open the file... the file just automatically evaporated into thin air.... I toke me 2 minutes staring blankly at my netbook screen trying to process what had just happen.

My msn started to freeze, and I restarted my MSN about like countless times until I was fed up and look up into the net to find this virus to see if anybody had this virus and found a cure to it.. For 2 hours surfing here and there... Apparently they are just TOO MANY virus in the internet that its hard to find a particular one. I found none match the one I was infected.

Of course that time, I was in a rotten mood.. I was pissed off actually because of her sending me virus links(wasn't her intention, or was it?), but I was more pissed at myself for foolishly just downloading the link and opening it just because my brain was telling me she is still naive and young.... So This is how Hackers Make use of people, They try get a very sweet looking young girl full of innocent and use that to fool others like me into downloading that link and opening it....

Maybe cause I love little kids, and if my little cousin would like send me a link to an image file... I think I would too be fall into the Trap!!! Here, The lesson is, never ever ever open a link Regarding sex or age!!! But most foolish part is...... If you download the link already... Check what time of format it is before opening, and not just go simply CLICKING on it D:

If somehow this little friend of mine is reading this memory, I know its not you who send the virus link to me, its unintentional!! Please go and Clean your computer so you don't infect foolish people like me into downloading and opening the file. MSN is a portion of my life that connects to the outside world for free.. I need MSN!!!

Note of Acknowledgment: Thanks to my good buddy Codename: lance, introduced me a Software Reanimator to solve the problem, Really a good software and I think the interface is kinda cute stating which malware is good and which is bad!!!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007