Thursday, August 6, 2009

Memory 35: MQA Meeting!!

MQA (Malaysian Qualification Agency) Meeting is today!! It had turn out exactly as I had expected, The trap they lay for us to step on, The words We used are often question back at us. They have endless supply of their ammunition to Find Fault at KBU. They keep on finding where KBU goes wrong, always trying to force us to tell the faults of KBU. Ho ho ho, I have many actually. But this is not really a good time to bring them out to MQA people because they cannot do anything about it, they will just evaluate and then minus a few marks and the results is KBU not being Accredited.

To be honest, For us, Students. It all seem to be some poorly acted Drama seen on TV shows where you just have the urge to find your remote control and turn it off. Do you know why, It all seems too Obvious. TOO OBVIOUS, that we did some shit before they came and interview us. All of Us actually Answer almost the exact words to them. It seems like we "acted" the whole thing out to them. Here are Few of their Trapping questions...

1.)"How do you rate the lecturers, Over 10?"
2.)"10 lecturers, which one would you choose to be your favorite, and why"
3.)"How do you find the lecturers"
4.)"student Council, I know you guys have alot of complains from students, Could you please name some"
5.)"Why do you choose engineering in KBU, do you know KBU is not a registered as professional Engineer when you graduate.. then why do you still choose KBU"

Answers:
1.) All of us (5 in a group) replied 9/10.

~like some poor acting~... Why all also same answer!!

They ask "Wahhh,,, So good ahh KBU lecturers, why not Give 10/10."

Replied, "Because not everybody perfect mah" =.=

They ask "Your lecturer got give hint on final exam or not?"

Replied, "Nope!! ~All shake head as if never heard the word "hint" before (including me)~"

They ask "no hints ahh?... Like that still can consider good lecturer? That one not good lecturer already lah"

Replied, " ahhahaahahahah" ~All Laughs~

2.) Actually All also good lecturers, dont really know which is the favourite

they ask "when you say good, What do you mean by good, Please elaborate,"

Replied, " err................"

They ask "Do they spoon feed you? "

Replied, " No no no!! ~again as if never heard that word before~ The lecturers come in, and gives us some notes, and sometimes they will ask us to go library and research on this info on the particular subject.

They ask "Ohh.. I see I see... So you like them because they give you the notes lah?"

Replied " no no, I mean, they know their Stuff, they are resourceful, and sometimes when we dont understand we can come to them and ask"

They ask " I see, So do they give you the answer (trap = meaning they spoon feed you) "

Replied " No, they will like gives us more hints and tips and also ask to do more research."

They : ~look at each other with exactly this kind of expression O.o~


3.) Good, resourceful, they know what they are teaching, always make sure that we understand what he or she is teaching by asking us question or vice-versa.


4.) We have 4 major events in a year loh, so yeah!! we have alot of events

they ask " I know, I know. But do you have any complains from the students."

replied "erm.............!!"

they ask " You are from student council, I'm sure you receive allot complains from students!!"

replied "errr.... One of them was the prom night loh.. complains were made by students that the price of the tickets of too high... so by going around finding sponsors we finally manage to decrease the price to the students satisfactory."

They ask " Ohhh... So did you solve that problem?"

replied "Yeah... We did!!"

They ask " Any other more, I'm sure there are not only one!?"

replied " ...................... ~Sheepish smile from the member of student council~"


5.) We choose engineering in KBU because, KBU is famous for its Degree in Electrical and Electronics. And also because of its good studying environment, Well equipped facilities and Friendly people make this college The first choice over other college. ~All of them replied almost the same thing!~

They ask "ohh, So you guys all come here because of the good studying environment? How bout other college, do you actually did a research on other college if you say this college have well equipped facilities and good studying environment. you are saying that other colleges not very good?

replied "erm no, Not to say that other colleges are not very good, but I think KBU is better" ~badly acted out =.=~

They ask "So if you KBU dont have good facilities and good studying environment, Will you still choose KBU?"

replied " ......................................... Depends" ~Another Poorly acted out~

They ask "Do you know KBU is not registered under the board of engineers after you finish your Degree. then Why do you still Choose KBU"

replied "........................"

They ask " do you know KBU is not registered for professional engineers that you need to fulfill your masters in order for you to be registered as professional engineer.

replied " err.................~Actually dont know, but he nod his head~ .... Yes, I know"

They ~look at each other with this expression again .... O.o~


Seriously, The whole meeting was like a war and we are like sheltering from bullets shot across the room. It was tense. I did not spoke much.. I didn't even spoke I think.. I just introduce myself and thats it. The rest, everybody back up. In this situation, Sillence is consent. Everything Okay... hahahaha. The meeting went on for half-an-hour or more. Didn't really remember. But I was glad this is over. I did my best, the rest is up to fate.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007